The School Campus
In May 1947, the late Bishop Manuel Mascariñas, D.D., bishop of Palo, the parish priest Fr. Flaviano Daffon and a group of Baybayanos- Dr. Jose Silao, Mr. Amado Masecampo, Atty. Jovencio Borneo, Ex-Mayor Apolinario Tavera and several others convened at the parish convent and decided to establish a Catholic school to be administered by a religious order. While waiting for the availability of a religious group, the school was run by lay people and classes were conducted in a rented Segundo Borneo at A. Bonifacio Street. Thus, the Immaculate Conception College (ICC) was born on July 22, 1947 with the following Board of Trustees and Incorporators who are now all deceased.
Chairman: Hon. Bernardo Torres
Vice-Chairman: Dr. Jose Silao, Sr.
Treasurer: Fr. Flaviano Daffon
Secretary: Mr. Amado Masecampo
Auditor: Mr. Apolinario Tavera
Member: Fr. Alfredo Rosales
Member: Engr. Florencio Coloma
Incorporator: Mr. Efigenio Mascariñas
Incorporator: Atty. Glicerio Eballar